Saturday, 2 February 2013

New books and what's on my TBR list this week

 
Hey everyone!
Here's the new books I got over the last two weeks.
 
Audio books 

I had a few credits to use on Audible so I figured I would keep on with the Mortal Instruments series and get the first book in Coreene Callahan's new A Circle of Seven Series as I've really enjoyed listening to her Dragonfury series. Poughkeepsie sounds a bit sad so I'll stock up on hankies before I listen to it and finally I thought I would give Otherkin a go because the girl on the cover reminds me of 80's cheesy pop star Tiffany from "I think We're Alone Now" fame. Not the smartest way to pick an audio book but hey, that's how my brain works.

I bought


I've been looking forward to Shattered Circle for ages I love the Persephone Alcmedi series it's a fab urban fantasy series and is well worth a read. I had pre-ordered Between a while ago but my order was cancelled by The Book Depository as it was unavailable which is weird as Amazon has it. Finally, I saw that the hero in Reaper's Property is called Horse, has tattoos and rides a bike so I felt that book was written just for me and it would be rude not to buy it.
 
 
I spent ages at the start of the week working out a detailed reading plan ensuring I read a mixture of Net Galley books (in date order), review books (also in date order) and my own books that I've promised myself I would read more of in 2013. I created a spreadsheet and everything. Then promptly ignored it and read what I felt like reading and do you know what? It felt great!
 
This week I really want to read Ever After by Kim Harrison, why is the UK release date later than in the US? arrrggghhh it's driving me mad waiting I need more Trent and Rachel. I'm listening to Knight Awakened and might dive into Shattered Circle if Ever After doesn't materialise. Great plans eh?
 

 What's your reading plans this week?

3 comments:

  1. Funny - I preordered Between from Amazon and they cancelled it so ordered it from the Book Depository...something strange is going on if the opposite happened to you!!
    I'm a big one for lists as well...but following them is always hard! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books there! I would read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, I really want to hear what you think of Between, Lesley! Really want to read it myself, but reviews are weird - either love or confusion. It's probably one of those marmite books - you love them or you hate them...
    Gorgeous haul this week! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.