Thursday, 7 March 2013

Mini After Fifty reviews: Beautiful Bastard and Release Me

16102004Beautiful Bastard
Beautiful Bastard #1
Christina Lauren
Publication date: 12th February 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

I do enjoy office romance enemies to lovers kind of stories and Beautiful Bastard's romp fest is exactly the kind of After Fifty type book I love. Personally, I couldn't care less if it's had one star reviews and had been dismissed as fan fiction it was funny, schmexy and smutty.

Bennet's the mean boss, he's demanding and obnoxious rude (I liked him immediately) Chloe is the intern she's smart, super capable and more than a match for the Beautiful Bastard. It's pretty much killing Bennet to keep his hands off Chloe but when he makes his move in the boardroom their hate turns to lust.

I liked Beautiful Bastard's snarkyness and the constant (and I mean constant) schmexy scenes. Smutty and fun Beautiful Bastard is well worth a read. Ignore the haters and go have fun with it!

after fifty
After Fifty rating: 4 out of 5
His constant need to rip off her posh underwear Thumbs up
It's okay because he buys her more to rip off again  Thumbs up







release meRelease Me
Stark Trilogy #1
J. Kenner
Publication date: 1st January 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

Hmmmm, I think I might be in the minority here but I ended up in a "It's not you, it's me" kind of place with Release Me. I felt lukewarm like rather than love for it's main characters Damien and Nikki and overall found the story to be a bit forgettable.

Release Me is readable, it has the necessary hot bits and dirty talk and skeleton's in the closet that threaten any real kind of relationship, but for me it started off strongly and then just kind of drifted off towards the end. Maybe because it's the first part of a trilogy? I don't know, I'm just not sure it was enough for me to want to pick up the next book.

As I said, I appear to be in the minority so don't let me put you off.

after fifty After Fifty rating: 2.5 out of 5

A bit meh Thumbs down

1 comment:

  1. Fab mini review. I haven't read beautiful bastard yet but I have it. I read Release Me and gave it 3/5. Was a good read but I felt the plot went nowhere.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.