Monday, 18 March 2013

Review: Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

biting coldBiting Cold
Chicagoland Vampires #6
Chloe Neill
Publication date: 7th August 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

I really struggled with the sixth instalment in Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series. I found the full first half of the book to be well, a little bit boring to be honest. So much so that I nearly gave up reading twice. It was only because I've really enjoyed the previous books that I persevered and forced myself to keep reading, I am invested in Merit and I really do want to know what's next for her and Ethan. Not many characters come back from the dead (thankfully - ewwww) so I did want to know where Chloe Neill was going to take them. I do think that if Biting Cold was the first book in a new series I would have DNF'd it.

The story did pick up towards the end and both Mallory and Tate's story came to a pretty satisfying conclusion which is good. However, and it's a big however, the lack of Ethan and Merit reunion really annoyed me. I get that he's trying to protect Merit but the romantic in me wanted the explosive full blown earth shattering make up sex and reunion and a bit like Merit herself I got frustrated that it didn't happen. Ethan has in the past been one of my favourite book boyfriends but I'm over him now and I wish Merit was too. I'm going to give this series one last chance for old time's sake, I really hope it's worth it.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.