Monday, 8 April 2013

Review: Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

11948797Brightest Kind of Darkness
P.T. Michelle
Publication date: 27th June 2011
Reviewed by Rebecca

I don't really do rave reviews but this one just has to be one. If I could give it more than 5 stars, I definitely would. I even raved about it a few times on Twitter!

Not only was this novel written beautifully but the characters were so unique and captivating that I couldn't help but fall in love with them. Nara (what a wonderful name!) always dreams about her future, a gift that you later find out is inherited from her absent father. One day, she dreams something terrible involving her high school and intervenes. She also intervenes in various other situations after dreaming about them the previous night. She is still dreaming about her future for days afterwards but they are slowly beginning to fade and Nara can't help but wonder why. Does Fate have something to do with this?

What I love about this book is that it is mainly set in a typical teenage setting, a high school, with typical teenage situations like best friends fighting over a boy, bitchiness and bullying. Enter Ethan, a strange boy who was excluded from his last school and has ravens chilling out on his car - people are wary of him and Nara is too - at first. When Nara breaks apart from her friends, it is Ethan that she turns to, he becomes her best friend, confidante and towards the end, something more. But just what secrets is he hiding?
 
I loved the character of Ethan. The mystery and intrigue surrounding his character and just why he was excluded from his previous high school really kept me interested in him and I was begging Nara to take a chance on him! When Nara finds out the reason why she has stopped dreaming, the story really picks up and the end leads perfectly into book 2, Lucid. I've already downloaded books 2 and the prequel as I just need to know what happens!

5 out of 5.

4 comments:

  1. I love this series, Lesley! Can't wait to see what you'd think of book #2. It's just as phenomenal as the first one! Really glad you enjoyed it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great series. I still need to read Lucid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my TBR pile - looks like I should start reading it soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your review - I think I have this on my kindle I will go check :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.