Saturday, 25 May 2013

New books and what's on my TBR list

 
Hey everyone, here's the new books I got over the last two weeks.
 
I bought
I met the very lovely Samantha Young with Emma from Belle Books at her recent signing in East Kilbride Scotland. She was lovely and patiently answered all our questions and even remembered Emma and I from her first ever signing in Edinburgh. My signed copy of Down London Road is now on my real keeper shelf on one of my bookcases and I have an extra signed copy for a giveaway.

 Do you ever pre-order a book when it's going cheap on The Book Depository and then forget all about it? Yep, I do. I can't resist those £3.74 books.   
 
Kindle Bargain
Tangled is the next big contemporary romance book that everyone is talking about. I had to buy it, read it in one day and laughed out loud at Drew the hero numerous times. You can check out my review here. 
 
From Netgalley
 Excellent, excellent netgalley week. I love Kristen Ashley and I love Jennifer Estep so I was beyond excited to get Fire Inside and Spartan Frost. All previous reading plans are well out the window.
 
 

 
I read The Fault In Our Stars today sitting outside on my decking in the sun with tears streaming down my face. It was out of this world good and I know I couldn't even begin to review it if I tried.
 

Tangled by Emma Chase was hilarious, Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan was pretty hot and Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent was dark but good. 
 
I DNF Rock With Me by Kristen Proby, I just got bored and couldn't be arsed finishing it. I very rarely DNF a book as I always end up continuing to read a meh kind of book worried that it will pick up and I'll have missed something awesome. Dream Nights with the CEO by Kathy Lyons was okish.

Next up to read
I'm reading another book from my Clear my shelves YA challenge Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler and then I'm going to read my 2 newest Netgalley additions Spartan Frost and Fire Inside.

 Have a good week!

 

5 comments:

  1. The Fault In Our Stars had me in tears as well - it was so moving. I think it's the best book I've read this year so far.

    I didn't know Spartan Frost was on Netgalley - I will have to investigate - thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy First Inside! I loved Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. spartan frost was really nice! I hope you'll like all your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I see that me and you got some of the same books this week. Really nice and good looking books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab and hot selection as usual, Lesley! I still need to read Kristen Ashley and Samantha Young - I'm way behind on these authors :) Enjoy all your pretties, darling!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.