Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Review: Surrender Your Love and Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed

Surrender Your Love
Surrender Your Love #1
J.C. Reed
Publication date: 15th March 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

Realtor Brooke Stewart is sent to rural Italy to meet and work with her new boss finalising a big real estate deal, what Brooke doesn't realise is that her new boss is also the incredibly gorgeous guy she recently had a one night stand with. Jett Mayfield is the kind of guy who always gets what he wants so he proposes a no strings attached, uncomplicated, sexual relationship during their Italian visit and independent and commitment phobic Brooke agrees to take him up on his generous offer. Back in the States after their two weeks together in Italy Jett decides he wants to continue his relationship with Brooke and Brooke manages to put aside her commitment issues and enter into a real relationship with Jett.

Up until this point I was happily going with the flow and really quite enjoying Jett and Brooke's little romance. As an eternal romantic myself, I love when commitment phobic alpha males change their ways and fall head over heels with their smart and independent heroines so Surrender Your Love was ticking all the boxes for me. And then bam! a gigantic twist in the plot that I honestly never saw coming and left me absolutely reeling. By the end of Surrender Your Love I was shocked, completely stunned and quite pissed off at Jett he really has a lot of explaining to do.

Was I invested enough to want to pick up the next instalment? Good God YES! So, if you're on the lookout for a great contemporary romance with a little edge of mystery and a torturous cliff hanger ending that will leave you begging for more then I thoroughly recommend you also pick up J.C. Reed's Surrender Your Love.

Conquer Your Love
Surrender Your Love #2
J.C. Reed
Publication date: 11th June 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

Thank goodness I didn't have to wait too long for the second instalment in J.C. Reed's Surrender Your Love series. The first book had a huge cliffhanger ending and a mystery of epic proportions that had me adding a date to my diary to buy Conquer Your Love on the very day it was released. Was it worth it? Hmmmm  sort of...

Brooke is devastated by what she sees as Jett's betrayal and tells him that their relationship is over, Jett being Jett however, didn't get this memo and goes hell for leather to win Brooke back. At this point I was firmly on Brooke's side and liked that she had called time on their relationship to sort her head and heart out. This however didn't exactly last very long though which disappointed me a bit if I'm honest. Brooke is portrayed as almost powerless to resist Jett and she therefore seemed less like the feisty female character I loved in Surrender Your Love. I think I wanted Brooke to make him work for it a bit more if you know what I mean!

Jett does however eventually redeem himself when his protective, slightly darker, alpha male side comes very much to the forefront which won him a tonne of bonus points from me and by the end of Conquer Your Love he was firmly back in my good books again. Be prepared to still be guessing about the mystery of the estate and Brooke's inheritance, there are still a lot of unanswered questions which guarantees that I'll be buying the final book in the trilogy Treasure Your Love when it's released in September.

J.C. REED ONLINE:
Website  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter  |  Facebook

BUY THE BOOKS
Surrender Your Love- Amazon US  |  Amazon UK
Conquer Your Love - Amazon US  |  Amazon UK

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being part of my tour! You rock :] Love, Jessica ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read booth of these waiting on the 3rd, soooo good, great story, action suspence and steamy sexy hot lovin ;-) this is Amy it say my husbands name for some reason. Just wanted you to know this is a female review. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.