Monday, 23 September 2013

Review: Wait For You by J. Lynn

Adobe Photoshop PDFWait For You
Wait for You #1
J Lynn
Publisher: Harper Collins (UK)
Publication date: 15th August 2013

I'm a new convert to J Lynn the pseudonym of Jennifer L. Armentrout (I know where have I been?) but I know loads of bookish ladies who LURVE her work and as I'd seen quite a few good reviews I thought I would give it a go despite not being the world's biggish fan of New Adult books. Wait for You completely blew me away, it made me cry real tears (with accompanying snot bubbles if you must know) and I still haven't got Cam and Avery out of my mind weeks later.

Wait for You tells the story of Avery who has started college half way across the country to escape her parents and a terrible incident five years ago which changed her life forever. Avery literally runs straight into the very gorgeous Cameron Hamilton on her first day whilst late for her first ever class, and completely flustered Avery bolts off in the opposite direction. When they bump into each other again Avery realises that Cam the campus hottie actually lives on the same floor as her apartment and he's determined to get Avery to go on a date with him.

What made Wait for You an outstanding read for me wasn't just that Cam is swoon worthy and fantastic book boyfriend material (okay maybe it is a little bit of that). He wants Avery and persistently asks her out on a date despite her daily rebuffs. Not only that the guy can bake and comes over to her apartment every Sunday to cook her breakfast, he's really sweet and so patient and understanding with Avery it's almost impossible not to fall for him.

What really made this book for me was Avery herself, she just about broke my heart not just because of what she had been through but of the longer term affect this incident had on her. It was pretty easy to guess what had happened to Avery that Halloween five years ago but it didn't make it any less shocking when she finally opens up to Cam. For me, it was finding out what how her own parents treated her after the incident that made me near enough boil with anger on her behalf. Knowing what Avery had endured and was still enduring in the form of vicious phone calls and texts made me really understand why she had to take her time getting to know and trust Cam. Their slow and steady romance was perfectly paced and made me love the very understanding Cam even more. Don't get me wrong there was times where I wanted to scream at Avery for pushing Cam away but when they did finally get together the very steamy and emotional scenes were well worth the wait.

Wait for You is heart breaking, emotional, sexy and sweet, I loved Avery and Cam's story and I'm pretty sure you will too.

Favourite quote:
"I've never done any of this before, Cam. And I'm not easy to get along with all the time. I know that. I can't promise this will be easy for you."
"Nothing fun in life is easy." He emptied his glass of milk and stood, coming to my side. He took my hand and pulled me to my feet. His arms went around his waist as he tilted his head down, and when he spoke his lips brushed my cheek. "I'm serious about you, Avery. If you want me for real you have me."

J LYNN / JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT ONLINE:
Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  Goodreads

BUY THE BOOK:
Amazon US  |  Amazon UK  |  Barnes & Noble 

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy you loved this. Jen is my fave author of all time! You so need to read her YA series they are just phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I was thinking of you when I wrote about bookish ladies who LURVE JLA, I'm going to have to check out her other series now.

      Delete
  2. This was worth reading. she has a lot to overcome and her parents should be shot...just my opinion. I bawled my eyes out and will read it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.