Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Review: Raw by Jo Davis

18337798Raw
Torn Between Two Lovers #1
Jo Davis
Publisher: Penguin Intermix
Publication date: 15th October 2013

I don't know how many times I've read a contemporary romance and wished the heroine chose the bad boy rather then the hero, which makes the concept of Raw the first instalment in Jo Davis's Torn Between Two Lovers series very appealing to me. This time the reader gets to choose who wins the heroine's heart by way of a public vote, will it be good guy FBI agent Grayson James or bad boy crime lord going legitimate Joaquin Delacruz? I love a bad boy so I think I know how I'm voting already!

Anna Claire is a successful restaurateur in New York, unknown to her some of her employees are involved in drugs trafficking and using her beloved restaurant as a front. FBI agent Grayson James is working undercover in Anna's kitchen to rule out Anna from his investigation he has to get closer to her but never imagined that along the way he would fall for the driven but lonely restaurateur. When Anna discovers his deception she's devastated by his betrayal and flees New York leaving Grayson wondering if he's lost the woman he loves forever. Raw ends with Anna sunning herself in Aruba chatting away with the very smexy bad boy Joaquin who just happens to be the drugs lord Grayson has been trying to catch as part of his investigation.

As a novella Raw was a pretty short read which meant Anna and Grayson's romance developed a bit too quickly for me. I couldn't help but feel Anna's devastation when she realises the man she's had in her bed has been lying to her all along, that she's been a means to an end for Grayson who is determined to send drugs lord Joaquin down. Grayson's not all bad, he sees that Anna is innocent and is determined to prove it and rule her out of his investigation knowing that when she finds out he's not the lowly prep chef his chances of forgiveness are low.

With only a tiny little glimpse of bad boy Joaquin I'm already intrigued, unlike Grayson he's been upfront with Anna telling her he wants to go legitimate and that gets him bonus points in my book. So, I'm very much looking forward to more of Joaquin in the second instalment Risky out on the 19th of November and then it will be up to the readers to decide who Anna eventually chooses. I think I'm ready to vote now!

JO DAVIS ONLINE:
Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads

BUY THE BOOK:
Amazon US  |  Amazon UK  |  Barnes & Noble 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.