Friday, 22 November 2013

Review: Tattered Love by Lola Stark

Needle's Kiss #1
Lola Stark
Publication date: 9th September 2013

Scarlett is a tattoo artist, owner of her own shop she's proud of her business, has good friends, a love of smexy underwear and killer heels. Despite having her fair share of crappy boyfriends she remains a sultry, cool rock chick. Enter Mace, the brother of Scarlett's fellow tattoo artist Trip, ex special forces his first stop on his return home to his family is to get a tattoo from Scarlett and here their smexy romance begins. Initially Scarlett only wants some naked fun with Mace because she doesn't do drama and feelings but Mace is pretty persuasive and wants more. Mace however has a few painful secrets in his past that of course refuse to stay hidden.

I quite enjoyed Tattered Love especially the very cool Scarlett, I did however have more problems with Mace. When his very crazy ex starts with her very crazy behaviour instead of going all out alpha male to protect Scarlett as I expected he decides the only way to protect her is to stay away from her (thus leaving her facing all the crazy behaviour). Now maybe I've been reading too much of Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series recently but I expected an ex special forces alpha male to be waaaay more kick ass and protective of his girl. I don't know maybe Mace needs some Hot Bunch alpha male lessons? Mace does get there in the end but I thought his actions spoke louder than his words and that disappointed me slightly. I have to say Mace does have the best smexy bedroom talk so he does win back his man card. So, overall I did enjoy it but I need more alpha male-ness if I'm to continue with the series. 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.