Thursday, 2 January 2014

January's new releases that have caught my eye

 
I've been lucky enough to have a two of January's brilliant new releases for review both Broken Blade by J.C. Daniels and Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young were devoured over the festive period and both got a 5 out of 5 rating from me, two more different books you could not find!
 
I'm also looking forward to Up From the Grave the final Cat and Bones book *weeps* and really, really looking forward to Reaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde, I cannot wait for that one. Thrash by JC Emery is another badass biker book that has caught my eye (you know I can't resist one).

Howling for You by Chloe Neill is a Chicagoland Vampires novella and since I've always had a little soft spot for Jeff I'm going to give it a whirl too. Finally, I've added Jaime Rush's Magic Possessed to my January TBR list as I really enjoyed Dragon Awakened the first book in her series The Hidden.




  
Two new series that are out in early January have also really caught my eye and luckily I have both of them for review!
 
 
Bitter Spirits
Roaring Twenties #1
Jenn Bennett
Publisher: Berkley
Publication date: 7th January 2014

First in a new romance series: It’s the roaring twenties, and San Francisco is a hotbed of illegal boozing, raw lust, and black magic. The fog-covered Bay Area can be an intoxicating scene, particularly when you specialize in spirits…

Aida Palmer performs a spirit medium show onstage at Chinatown’s illustrious Gris-Gris speakeasy. However, her ability to summon (and expel) the dead is more than just an act.

Winter Magnusson is a notorious bootlegger who’s more comfortable with guns than ghosts—unfortunately for him, he’s the recent target of a malevolent hex that renders him a magnet for hauntings. After Aida’s supernatural assistance is enlisted to banish the ghosts, her spirit-chilled aura heats up as the charming bootlegger casts a different sort of spell on her...

On the hunt for the curseworker responsible for the hex, Aida and Winter become drunk on passion. And the closer they become, the more they realize they have ghosts of their own to exorcise...
 


Hope Flames
Hope #1
Jaci Burton
Publisher: Berkley
Publication date: 7th January


Veterinarian Emma Burnett won't let anything or anyone sidetrack her from her job as new owner of the vet clinic in Hope. She let a man distract her once, with disastrous results. But when Luke McCormack brings in his injured police dog, Emma can hardly ignore him. Despite Emma's best efforts to keep things strictly doctor and owner of the patient, Luke's one hot distraction


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.